The Bad News: occasionally it may be necessary to re-initialize your upgraded METAbolt client by removing any existing .ini files in the data directory and restarting. This means a new METAbolt password will be regenerated and you will need to re-do your preferences. It is only necessary to remove your METAbolt .ini file(s) when the format of the .ini files change (infrequent) or if they have somehow become unusable/corrupt.
What this means for Pandorabot METAbolt owners
Owners of a Pandorabot METAbolt Add-On who have re-initialized their METAbolt client may need to reconfigure the Pandorabot METAbolt base prim. This will be necessary if you have set the MD5SUM in the METAbolt_Config notecard. To set your newly upgraded MD5SUM follow these steps:
- Locate and copy your newly generated METAbolt password. In your METAbolt client go to Application -> Preferences -> Security/L$ and copy the METAbolt password string.
- Make sure your bot is logged out (Main -> Logout)
- Login to Second Life as the owner of the Pandorabot METAbolt Add-On
- Edit the Pandorabot METAbolt base prim and open the METAbolt_Config notecard. Find the CHANNEL setting. If you have not specified a CHANNEL setting then your channel is 777.
- Close the edit window and enter your METAbolt password from step 1 above into local chat in the following format --- "/777 password=string-from-step-1-above" (replace 777 with the CHANNEL setting from step 4 and do not use the quotes).
- Copy the MD5 checksum string that is returned in local chat
- Edit the Pandorabot METAbolt base prim and open the METAbolt_Config notecard. Replace the MD5SUM setting with the new MD5 checksum string from step 6. Close the notecard and edit session.
NOTE: the above process of configuring your MD5SUM setting will also be necessary if you reset your METAbolt password.